QR Code Link to This Post
Jean-Georges is seeking a Sous Chef for his Upper East Side restaurant The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges . If you are passionate about cooking and want to be part of a great team with amazing potential for growth, this is your perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level! We are offering extremely exciting opportunities for growth and creative freedom!
Responsibilities (these are not all inclusive):
• Responsible for method of service, production and cooking to ensure all items are prepared to meet deadlines and standards
• Properly execute plated dishes with varying components to standards set by Executive Chef
• Complete all closing requirements as directed by Executive Chef
• Taste and review products on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation
• Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining new recipes, presentations and products
• Have working knowledge of inventory ordering systems
• Identify and communicate suggestions to the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef for policies and procedures to improve the operation
• Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
• Organized and detail oriented
• Able to handle multiple tasks and works well in environment with time constraints.
• Able to handle last minute changes
• Minimum of 4 yrs experience in a high-volume setting
• Managerial experience a plus
• Total understanding of all stations, techniques and standards
Please send resume and tell us why you are right for the job. Only serious inquiries. Attachments that cannot be opened will not be considered.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Jean-Georges Vongerichten brings his unbridled passion for fresh-from-the-market, simple cooking to The Mark Hotel. A world class menu of subtly innovative European classics as well as Jean-Georges’ signature global seasonings will be sure to satisfy cravings for both simple and eclectic palates alike. Showcased in a copper and glass wine wall in the dining room are a collection of boutique and familiar food-friendly wines from around the world, with a focus on value and diversity. The comfortable yet elegant dining room promises to be both a neighborhood favorite and a connoisseur’s destination. Patio seating is also offered, weather permitting.
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below