QR Code Link to This Post
Drug Background Screen Prior to Hire
Job Title: Guest Room Attendant Department: Housekeeping
Reports To: General Manager Location:
Full-Time or Part-Time/Non-Exempt
Date Created: 01/03/17 Revision Date: 12/21/2108
Our Mission: To make every guest stay memorable with small gestures that make a big difference.
Guest Room Attendants must clean guest rooms and common areas in accordance with company standards.
I. Position Responsibilities: Essential
• Clean all guest rooms according to company standard
• Removes trash and miscellaneous debris from guest rooms
• Cleans bath area including: tub, toilet, sinks, removing and replacing bath linens
• Cleans kitchen and dining area including: refrigerator, microwave, sink, counters, cabinets, and tables
• Cleans floors by vacuuming and washing floors
• Maintains all furnishings by dusting and polishing furniture and appliances
• Maintain outside of room appearance by cleaning siding, A/C grill, doors, and windows
• Announce yourself at guest rooms by knocking on doors before entering
• Notifies Head Guest Room Attendant of room readiness
• Keeps supplies ready by restocking housekeeping cart at the end of the shift.
• Operates housekeeping equipment by following operating instructions
• Notify supervisor immediately of any safety, security and/or violations of policy
• Notify supervisor of any guest concerns
II. Essential Skills/Credentials/Experience/Education
• Ability to read, speak, write and understand the English language in order to interact with guests, staff and handle administrative duties, etc. Ability to operate and speak into radio and listen to and hear caller.
• Possess good knowledge of housekeeping/laundry operations, cleaning standards and techniques.
• Ability to follow instructions, directions and meet deadlines.
• Ability to clean a minimum required rooms per shift.
• Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extend arms overhead when performing cleaning tasks and the ability to stoop, bend and squat
• Ability to step in and perform a variety of housekeeping/laundry positions in response to business conditions.
• Ability to visually inspect guest rooms, public areas, service areas, etc. for quality in cleanliness and presentation
• Ability to manage multiple activities often in stressful situations.
III. Preferred Skills/Credentials/Experience/Education
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma required.
• Minimum 1-year housekeeping experience with proven skill and performance or 6 months supervisory experience in rooms division or related position. Experience levels required may vary based on the size, volume and character of hotel.
IV. Mental and Physical Demands
• regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• This position is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Indoor work with hard and carpeted surfaces.
• Standing for eight (8) hour shifts.
• Exposure to extreme weather conditions, cold and heat.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by managers/supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent an expressed or implied contract of employment nor does it alter your at-will employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Print Employee Name Employee Signature Date Signed
Print Manager/Supervisor Name Manager/Supervisor Signature Date Signed
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below