QR Code Link to This Post
Punch Bowl Social’s chef driven, high volume kitchen is looking for a qualified individual to join their team as Kitchen Manager. This person will be directly responsible for all back-kitchen functions including food preparation and maintenance of quality standards; food storage; sanitation and cleanliness; porter scheduling; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control, sanitation and cleanliness. The Kitchen Manager reports directly to the Executive Chef
Punch Bowl Social innovates and leads a modern authentic approach to the “eat-ertainment” category by effectively combining a diner-inspired scratch-kitchen, craft beverage program, and entertainment in a highly curated design-forward environment. In addition to our passion for providing exceptional food & drink, we are committed to personalized customer service and have developed a team of extraordinary brand ambassadors to lead our tribe of professionals.
• 5+ years experience in varied kitchen supervisor positions including Sous Chef.
• 6+ months experience in a similar capacity.
• 6+ months experience managing budgets and culinary cost controls.
• Working knowledge of company software including Microsoft Office, HotSchedules and Aloha.
• Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift 50+ pounds.
• Able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time (up to 9 hours).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurants’ recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of kitchen equipment.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of prepared products.
• Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products to assure a smooth service period by utilizing company systems such as prep lists, pars and recipe yields.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves and walk in and reach in refrigeration equipment.
• Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly and in accordance with company standards.
• Oversees and delegates food prep assignments as needed.
• Closes the back kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist. Delegates and assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
• Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
• Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
• Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
• Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
• Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
• Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
• Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
If you are interested in becoming part of a nationally expanding concept, with significant growth opportunities, please apply at the link above and we look forward to reviewing your resume.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below