QR Code Link to This Post
Join a great team in a unique environment with an award winning company!
Tastes on the Fly San Francisco is looking for hard-working and dependable pantry and prep cooks to join our team at Mustard’s Grill in the International Terminal. Must have experience and positive attitude
All candidates must pass a 10 year criminal background check and airport security training to obtain a security badge required to work in SFO Airport.
POSITION TITLE: Prep Cook ($16.95 per hour)
REPORTS TO: Sous Chef/Executive Chef
The prep cook position is responsible for the bulk of the prep that is performed in the back kitchen in accordance with the chefs’ direction. This position includes, but not limited to, the ability to read, understand and follow recipes, proper preparation of all assigned tasks, and ability to conform to the chefs’ immediate needs.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
These are essential functions and the percentages are estimates only.
85% – Preparation of specific food items
15% – Cleaning the back kitchen on a consistent basis
Maintain regular and prompt attendance in conformation with company standards and policies. Employees with irregular attendance may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Consistent time and attendance is essential to the successful operation of the department.
Maintain a professional demeanor with co-workers and guests at all times. Maintain a professional and hygienic appearance at all times. Report to work in a clean and complete uniform.
Due to the seasonal nature of the restaurant industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to accommodate the business needs of the restaurant
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the Tastes on the Fly SF rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of its business. Employees who violate these rules and regulations may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
Individual must posses the following knowledge, skills and abilities and must be able to demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to understand verbal English
- Ability read English
- Ability to perform basic sanitation practices
- Ability to handle a knife and other sharp objects with extreme caution and skill
- Ability to handle food safely
- Ability to convert measurements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as a team player and communicate with co-workers effectively
- Ability to listen to and follow direction
- In addition to performing the essential functions, this position may be required to perform any combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function solely at the discretion of the department manager, which may be based upon the particular requirements of that day.
- Removal of trash, recycling, debris etc from your area
- Deep cleaning projects
- Dishwasher duties
- Perform any and all other duties asked of you related to the operation of the restaurant
- Any combination of education, training and work experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Successfully pass an extensive 10 year criminal background check conducted by the FBI.
- Successfully pass basic computerized employment testing and in-person interview
Prior restaurant or food preparation experience and/or education
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below