QR Code Link to This Post
This is a small, busy sea-food restaurant in the East Village. We are casual in price and work environment but we take great pride and care in the food. We are established with a great reputation. This job would be a next step in someone’s career who wants to not only cook and manage but create. You will be co-managing the kitchen with the chef and owner.
The menu is extremely small only focusing on seafood. No burgers here. We are only open for service 6 hours a day. No lunch, catering or brunch. If you’re passion is seafood and still want to have a life outside the restaurant industry, send us your resume.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Co-manage all aspects of the kitchen
• Ensure the quality preparation of all menu items during a la carte service.
• Personally prepare meals and ensure that all staff follow recipes with consistency and quality standards
• Maintain cleanliness standards of the Kitchen
• Monitor all plates for presentation and quality before serving to guests
• Ensure proper handling/storage of all food items
• Have fun. It’s an important point. We are a small company and the staff has known each other for years. We are not a corporate atmosphere but we still maintain high accountability.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
• Equivalent experience
• Prior experience as a Sous Chef or Line Cook at casual or fine dining establishment
• Must be able to work all stations in the Kitchen
• Certificate in Food Protection from NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
• Current, comprehensive resume with 2 industry references
***IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AVAILABLE WITH HIGH CEILING COMPENSATION
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below