QR Code Link to This Post
Family owned, fast paced Peruvian restaurant is currently seeking a Line Cook and prep cook and dishwasher to fill a vacancy in Oceanside CA. The ideal candidate must be 18 years or older, have a Food Handler Card certification, or be able to obtain it within 30 days from date of hire and must be able to operate basic kitchen equipment, including but not limited to stoves, knives, grill presses and ovens.
Responsibilities of the Line Cook / Prep Cook
· Responsible for cooking and preparing all menu items in accordance with rules, policies, and standards set by the Chef and the restaurant.
· Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products and equipment at line stations to ensure a smooth restaurant service.
· Participate in food preparation and portioning prior to service, during off-peak periods, or as assigned in accordance with restaurant guidelines and standards.
· Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment including the rotation of products for freshness.
· Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served
· Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Line Cook / Prep Cook
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Food Handler Card certification preferred, otherwise to be obtained within 30 days from date of hire;
· Be able to operate basic kitchen equipment, including but not limited to stoves, knives, grill presses and ovens.
· Excellent verbal communications skills;
· Be able to process as many as 50 transactions an hour;
· Maintain a well groomed appearance per the Dress code in the employee handbook
• Clean and stock dish area to ensure an efficient service
• Primary duties include rinsing, cleaning and sanitizing of all flatware, plates, glassware, pots, pans and storage containers
• Set up station including dishwasher and three compartment sinks and maintain their cleanliness throughout shift
• Safely use chemical cleaning products
• Sweep and mop dish room and kitchen floors
• Take out trash, recycling and cardboard boxes throughout shift
• Maintain clean and orderly service areas and complete side work duties
• Comply with established safety and sanitation standards
• Adhere to company policies and standard procedures
• Participate in food preparation and portioning prior to service, during off-peak periods, or as assigned in accordance with restaurant guidelines and standards.
• Able to work in a high energy and fast paced work environment
• Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Requires a good sense of prioritization and organizational skills
• Able to multi-task while maintaining a sense of urgency
• Accuracy and high attention to detail
• Able to project a friendly and helpful attitude
• Able to work as part of a Team
• Demonstrate honesty and integrity
• Must be dependable and timely
• Able to work a flexible schedule
• Weekends, holidays and evenings may be required
• High standard of personal appearance and hygiene
• Possess knowledge of safe food-handling, sanitary kitchen conditions and proper hand washing techniques
We will be accepting applications from Tuesday to Sunday.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL. Apply in person.
Panca Peruvian Cuisine & Rotisserie
1902 South Coast Highway
Oceanside, CA 92054
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below