The Garlands of Barrington
Posted 1 hour ago
Other Great Industries
Restaurant – Food Service, Skilled Labor – Trades
Starting October 1st, every full-time new hire is eligible to receive a $500 sign-on bonus
Full time only
Be employed for a company where it’s more than just a job, but instead it’s a place where you feel like you belong. Provide assistance for clientele that are friendly and cultured, and work with managers who care about you. Be a part of an award winning retirement community aimed to create a positive environment, where we find ways to make every day even a little bit more exciting. We are looking for people who are committed, team players, and people who want to be recognized for their hard work. If that’s you, please apply!
The Cook is responsible for preparing high quality meals that meet and exceed the expectations of The Garlands’ customers. Quality and Member satisfaction is ensured by the Cook’s attention to quality control of ingredients, meal preparation, the visual presentation of all food served and accurate inventory management.
• Prepares ingredients and cooks meals per Executive Chef’s instruction and visually checks the presentation of each dish served.
• Ensures that quality, presentation and temperature of food meet and exceed the expectations of Members and their guests.
• Cleans and sanitizes all kitchen equipment used in food preparation.
• Provides input on menu suggestions based on ingredients in stock.
• Prepares food, equipment, and other needed materials for special events, e.g. banquets.
• Assists with managing inventory and communicates level of supplies for Kitchen and Dining Team Members.
• Checks in food deliveries and ensures all food materials are put away.
• Works collaboratively with all Team Members and takes whatever action is necessary to provide the highest level of service to all Members of The Garlands.
•Must be able to walk and stand continuously
•Must be able to handle sharp objects and tolerate varying temperatures, especially heat
•Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Conversational English required
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below