QR Code Link to This Post
Quince is a part of a small collection of unique establishments From Lindsay and Chef Michael Tusk that also includes Cotogna, Tusk Events and Verjus.
Our vision of a great workplace is a dream team in pursuit of an ambitious common goal. Being on a dream team is about pushing yourself to be the best teammate you can be, caring intensely about your teammates and placing team success above individual recognition. We believe that people thrive on being trusted, on freedom, and on being able to make a difference. So we foster freedom and empowerment wherever we can.
Quince is currently seeking a Sous Chef, in this position, you will be supporting the CDC’s role in the restaurant’s culinary operations, including seasonal menu development, food purchasing, food preparation and production, culinary team management, recruitment and training of the chef de partie and commis teams, steward and receiving team. You will adhere to standard operating procedures for food quality and ensure the kitchen is compliant with the regulatory requirements for food handling, sanitation and cleanliness. Your sphere of control and responsibility will include supporting the sustained success, growth, and overall asset management and facility maintenance of Quince as measured by total revenue and net income in relation to budgeted goals and owner’s objectives. Fundamental to your position is an understanding of the owners’ vision and plans for the Company and your ability to communicate and execute it effectively.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the culture, mission and values of QPA
- Collaborate with the CDC, develop seasonal menus and ensure that all food and products are consistently documented, prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards, equivalent to a THREE STAR MICHELIN rating.
- Instruct chef de parties and commis teams in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Assist CDC in determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure THREE STAR MICHELIN service
- Check the quantity and quality of all received products.
- Plan, direct, or supervise the food preparation and/ or cooking activities of private dining and supporting Culinary Team, and Pastry department.
Sanitation and Facilities Management
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
Financial and Administration
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- In conjunction with CDC work with restaurant GM to plan and price menu items, establish portion sizes, and prepare standard recipe/dish documentation for all new menu items.
- Ensure that deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures. Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, or purchasing for all the food operations
Human Resources Management
- Recommend employment and termination decisions to CDC including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Work with CDC to ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed. Collaborate with CDC and sous chef team in all BOH operations
- Adhere to all personnel policies/decisions as outlined in the QPA Employee Handbook
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures to new kitchen employees. Oversee the continuous training of kitchen employees on kitchen equipment, utensils, cleanliness, sanitation practices, first-aid, CPR, proper lifting and carrying techniques, and handling hazardous materials.
If you would like to be a part of our dream team, please send a cover letter and a resume to [email protected]
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below