QR Code Link to This Post
Seeking a great baker to strengthen our team!
We are a groundbreaking artisanal bakery featuring local produce driven and handcrafted baked goods, in a modern and relaxed environment. We are focused on building a narrative around the bright world of bread and pastry, by constantly pushing the boundaries of our craft, diving to its essence, and creating a meaningful experience. Our food is inspiring, comforting and nourishing. Visit us on instagram @vivelatarte or www.vivelatarte.com
About the position
As a baker at vive la tarte, you will be responsible for handcrafting our various breads, cakes, cookies, and other pastries under the supervision of our team of amazing bakers.
– Mixing, kneading, shaping, and rolling out various doughs.
– Handcrafting our line of various breads, from dough making & shaping to proofing and final bake.
You will also be responsible for handcrafting our full line of cakes, cookies and other offerings and preparing various custards and creams.
- Making various types of bread doughs, cakes, and pastry offerings.
- Shape, proof and bake off breads according to vive la tarte’s specific standards and designs. This includes operating commercial ovens, and mixers.
- Prepare a variety of custards & fillings for morning pastries such as pastry creams, lemon curd, chocolate fillings, caramel based preparations & other unique recipes.
- Assemble and bake cakes and other pastries according to vive la tarte’s specific standards and designs.
- Organize weekly bakery production in an efficient and structured way.
- Maintain a clean working station at all times, as well as an organized and up-to-date inventory of dry storage and refrigeration space.
- Operate quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, time-driven environment, while ensuring consistent, high quality products.
Who You Are
- Minimum 2 years experience as a baker/pastry position in a high quality establishment (bakery or restaurant).
- Good knowledge of bread making and/or laminated dough (incl. shaping, proofing and baking croissants, breads and other pastry products).
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Efficient, clean and great time management.
- Strong team player, who collaborates with the rest of the kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are done on time.
- Punctual and reliable to arrive on time and work early shifts
- Must have the physical ability to carry out functions described above, which includes but not limited to : standing most of the work day, lift >50lb.
- Valid Food Handler’s Card.
What We Offer
- Hours: minimum of 30 hours a week.
- Competitive wage that reflects your experience, with amazing growth potential.
- Location: Noe Valley, BART/MUNI accessible
Interested? Send us your resume today!
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below