QR Code Link to This Post
Sodexo at McLean Hospital is looking for a new Cook to join our team!
Full Time, Benefited Position
– Responsible for all aspects of food preparation, HACCP, and all food safety guidelines
– Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food for consumption in eating establishments
– Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use
– Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment
– May move and lift food and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets
– Required to clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures
– Required to record all cooking, holding, and cooling temperatures in appropriate logs
– May record refrigeration temperatures in appropriate log
– Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times
– Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
– Practices CARES behavioral performance
– Follows all department policies, procedures, and guidelines
– Must be able to work independently and with others
Typical Knowledge and Skills:
– Applies advanced culinary skills and food safety knowledge
– Strong working knowledge of food preparation
– Strong knife skills and knife safety
– Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment
High School diploma or GED or equivalent experience.
Ability to speak and read English. Good verbal communication skills.
Function Specific Experience: 2 years of related work experience
Supervisor provides limited supervision involving assistance as needed.
Work is performed in an area that is adequately lighted and ventilated. Hours of work may be subject to change based upon the needs of the business/department.
Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform the work, such as agility, dexterity and long periods of walking, standing, bending, carrying or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 50 pounds or more.
Description: Every day, more than 120,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our clients and customers. The people of Sodexo touch the lives of millions of men, women and children each day.
Sodexo will require a background check for this position.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer
TO APPLY FOR OPEN POSITIONS PLEASE LOG ON TO WWW.SODEXOUSA.COM
Search “CAREERS–>;Find a Job–>Search jobs” on the internet or mobile device
Step 1: Select Hourly Positions
Step 2: Thinking About Working with Sodexo–> GO
Type in “Belmont” in the Search Box and view/apply for openings in Belmont, MA, McLean Hospital
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below