QR Code Link to This Post
Mayanoki is an intimate and unique 8 seat sushi omakase in the East Village and is the only omakase in NYC focused on serving 100% sustainable seafood sourced from the USA.
The Mayanoki team is growing and looking for a talented, ambitious, creative sushi chef to grow with our company. The Assistant Head Chef will be the right-hand-person to our head sushi chef and help run our 8-seat omakase counter. Re-location assistance is available for the right applicant.
* Be seasoned (6+ years sushi experience is required with high-end omakase experience a plus)
* Passionate about traditional Japanese techniques
* Care about environmental sustainability
* Be interested/knowledgable in fermentation/aging/preserving techniques
* Interested in engaging with customers
* Expect to partner with the head chef to develop innovative ideas and recipes for the restaurant
* Expect to run kitchen-service solo on multiple nights a week (8 customers 2x a night)
* Have a valid NYC Food Handlers certification
You will be working with a team who is honest, trustworthy and supportive. If you are ready to be part of a special team that is looking to do BIG things, then reach out and show us why we should consider you for this role.
Compensation is competitive.
Mayanoki is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender. or for any other reason.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below