QR Code Link to This Post
Create your kitchen’s food fan base! Food. Cooking. Creativity. Is this your life? Do you believe that commitment unlocks unlimited potential? We have the perfect kitchen to launch or further your career. We are all about great ingredients, culinary innovation and nourishing inspiration. If food dreams keep you up at night, we encourage you to apply.
Guckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace. We encourage our team members to join in community events such as Chef Ann Foundation to support the #RealSchoolFood campaign, promoting cooking healthy meals with real ingredients at schools., Second Harvest Food Bank, Girls on the Run, and many more community programs.
We offer fantastic health and wellness benefit options that include but not limited to medical, HSA, a rewarding wellness program, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, EAP, free meal each day, free pair of safety shoes at time of hire, and much more. Guckenheimer’s own Learning Management System at your finger tips and a yearly tuition reimbursement program will enable you to enhance your career development in your new and exciting position with Guckenheimer!
We encourage you to apply to our BANQUET CHEF opportunity and bring your knowledge and passion of high quality food and customer service to our culinary program.
Flexibility for events.
Work in coordination with the staff to complete all food preparation. Prepare visually appealing and good tasting foods to Guckenheimer standards. Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foodstuffs as required. Serve customers during meal periods.
- Passion for customer service
- Positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Culinary School or Hospitality certification or work equivalent.
- ServSafe certification
- Season and cook food according to recipes and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, taking temperatures. Adjust seasoning to customer tastes.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Inventory completion
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
- Follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Ability to correctly and safely use standards kitchen equipment. Chefs’ knives; Convection ovens; Rotating rack ovens; Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills and broilers.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
- Product ordering and receiving.
- Menu Planning
- Assisting with food preparation and service in other areas of the kitchen.
- Commitment to scratch cooking and healthful foods.
- Identify new recipes for use
Reports to: Foodservice Manager or Chef Manager
Reporting to this position: Kitchen staff
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by Law
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below