QR Code Link to This Post
Continental Breakfast Prep Cook – Main Schedule 5:30AM – 2:00PM
The Carlsbad Beach Hotel Properties is hiring guest service specialists for these two stunning beachfront hotels! The positions offered are for full-time employment at the Beach Terrace Inn (www.beachterraceinn.com) and/or the Beach View Lodge Best Western Plus (www.beachviewlodge.com).
We’re looking for hardworking and enthusiastic Continental Breakfast Prep Cook with a passion for guest service. As our Breakfast Prep Cook you will need to be available to work flexible schedules including mornings, nights, holidays and weekends.
Our Breakfast Prep Cook position must safely prepare ingredients required for continental breakfast. Prepare and store foods in a sanitary environment in accordance with local health guidelines. Maintain proper par levels of all products.
• 1-3 years of experience in a professional kitchen
• Good Knife skills
• Professional communication skills required
• Food Handlers permit required
• Ability to work in a team environment and crossover into breakfast host function when required
• Ability to work fast and stay focused under pressure
• Must be able to perform repetitive tasks and stand for extended periods of time
Food Prep Cook Essential Job Functions:
• Complete opening and closing checklists
• Refer to the daily prep list at the start of each shift for assigned duties
• Understands and complies with heating and preparation methods
• Maintains a clean and sanitary kitchen including knives, cutting surfaces, kitchen equipment and refrigeration
• Has or is able to obtain a Serv Safe Certificate by the county of SanDiego
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment
• Stocks and puts away inventories in a timely and orderly fashion
• Proper food rotation
• Constantly consolidating and correctly labeling food items as needed
• Adheres to designated food preparation recipe cards
• Strives to improve food presentation and ensures consistency
• Communicates with others areas of concern or improvement
• Ensures that food is properly stored
• Sanitize all service ware using the appropriate dish machine or triple sink procedures
• Accepts or rejects ingredients from food suppliers, based on their appearance and quality
• Carefully supervises and documents the food temperatures on a daily basis
• Follow approved and standardized practices as it relates to personal hygiene and cleanliness
• As required, demonstrate crossover skill as a breakfast attendant. Welcome each guest as they arrive, explain the morning offering and ask how you may assist them
• Set breakfast ready prior to published opening time
• Clear tables as guest leave
• Create favorable service impressions and contact with all guests
• Champion any guest service problems and ensure you have contacted the appropriate hotel staff member to resolve
• At the conclusion of breakfast service, remove and store all remaining items for future use in compliance with health department regulations. Wash, sanitize and replace all dishes, flatware, etc. Reset the Ocean Lounge to existing set-up on a daily basis.
• Complete detailed and rotating cleaning effort to ensure every facet of the lounge is in perfect condition
• Communicate problems with equipment and furnishings to the engineering department and follow through to completion
APPLY IN PERSON:
Beach Terrace Inn
2775 Ocean Street
Carlsbad, CA. 92128
The Carlsbad Beach Hotel Properties offers a high quality, zero deductible and low cost health plan through SHARP Health Care. We also offer Assurant Dental and VSP Vision insurance plans along with vacation, holidays, personal health days and very competitive wages. Pay rates will vary with position held.
We provide a drug-free and non-smoking work environment. Upon job offer, drug test, criminal background check and reference checks are pre-requisites of employment.
A basic physical exam (administered by a physician) is required since you must to be physically able to climb flights of stairs several times a day.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States cannot be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below