QR Code Link to This Post
Stanford Faculty Club
Director of Catering
Position Title: Director of Catering
Reports To: Executive Director
Supervises: Catering Sales Manager, Food & Beverage Supervisor, Captains,
Event and Dining Personnel
The Director of Catering promotes, plans and executes member, member sponsored and non-member activities, social and business meetings, and private events. The Director coordinates and organizes events by choosing the appropriate Club room(s) based on the event’s size and need; stays within budgetary constraints, directs the administrative and operational aspects of the events and oversees staff. The Director shall place equal emphasis on planning and conceptualizing member internal events and private events. Periodically, the Director may perform several roles or work with staff in several departments. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position. The work schedule will include nights and weekends based on scheduled events and Club necessity.
A successful Director of Catering possesses the desire to contribute to the cultivation, development and success of the Club’s catering and events operation. He/she will be prompt and proficient responding to the client inquiries via phone or email throughout the event planning process. Must be well versed in professional communication with the aptitude to exercise discretion. Proficient organizational skills are a necessity; the Director must be conscientious of the quantity of bookings each day, week, and month. He/she provides excellent customer service with the utmost professional integrity. Be courteous, show initiative and enthusiasm with the members, guests and staff. Ensures all events are successful through positive experiences for the Club members, guests and staff.
Essential Job Functions: *including but not limited to*
• Professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be organized and detail oriented.
• Requires the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
• Coordinates with members/clients regarding inquiries for hosting events.
• Gives tours of the facility and discusses booking logistics, room options, and menus with potential clients.
• Reviews ALL BEO’s and meets weekly with the Food and Beverage teams to review upcoming events and parties; informs all necessary departments of any updates or changes.
• Monitor changes to the BEO’s and ensure accurate information is communicated to all departments in a timely manner.
• Cultivates strong client relationships/partnerships, ensuring client satisfaction.
• Coordinates with the Executive Chef for revisions and updates of the catering menus regularly, reflecting culinary trends and member/client needs.
• Helps develop catering budgets; reviews financial reports and takes corrective actions as appropriate to help assure budget goals are met.
• Collaborates with the Director of Food & Beverage in hiring, firing, directing, training and supervising all direct subordinates in the performance of their duties in accordance with Stanford Faculty Club’s performance standards.
• Works with the Director of Food & Beverage in the preparation of performance objectives and evaluation of the service staff.
• Has the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform proper table service, event set-up, familiar with table sizes and capacities, proper table settings and experience in fine dining etiquette.
• Actively markets, solicits and books business following Club standards with a focus on increasing sales during traditionally quiet times of the year.
• Oversees the processing of deposits and financial schedule with clients; manages all catering related finances. Posts all event related accounting in the proper system in a timely manner.
Additional Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
• Ensures all events/meetings are correctly set each day.
• Creates floor plans for events and assists with meetings to prepare/ inform staff.
• Contacts clients, updates and confirms details to finalize BEO’s.
• Collaborates with clients and the Banquet Captain upon client arrival regarding proper set-up, event execution, and resetting for the day/evening.
• Reviews Captain Reports for previous day functions; follows up on any problems noted.
• Assigns events and sales objectives to Catering personnel and makes sure all files are kept organized and current with all required information.
• Monitors the preparation and distribution of the General Event List; ensures that all information is complete, accurate and distributed on a timely basis. Proactively communicates the status of all missing or late BEO’s.
• Welcomes group contact upon arrival at function and ensures guest satisfaction and assists in supervising the service of functions when necessary.
• Promotes positive guest and co-worker relations at all times.
• Contacts clients after scheduled functions to ensure guest satisfaction and to solicit rebooking.
• Provides feedback to Catering & Banquet staff on their performance; handles disciplinary problems and counsels employees according to club standards.
• Fosters and promotes a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
• Prepares and distributes an annual catering-marketing plan in accordance with Club specifications; assigns monthly action steps to Catering staff and follows up on each; adjusts and updates the marketing plan as needed.
• Basic knowledge of the Point of Sale system and online reservation system.
• Plans professional development and training activities for self and subordinate staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
This position generally requires a two or four-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, and/or equivalent experience in catering for banquet/event management, hospitality services, sales coordination and knowledge of fine foods and wine.
Previous knowledge, skills and abilities serving, supervising and training in a fine dining food service environment.
Required certification: ServSafe Manager Certificate.
Be able to problem solve, create and maintain schedules, and be both a prepared and flexible person. Establish and uphold positive and productive working relationships with clients and staff. Work efficiently, both independently and as a part of a team. Be organized, exercise sound judgement, perform detailed tasks; understand, follow, and give clear verbal and written direction.
Physical and Schedule Demands:
This position routinely requires standing, walking, holding/carrying, reaching, twisting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, kneeling/squatting, sitting, climbing stairs/ladders. Must be able to lift and move 25lbs and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
Weekend, evening, and holiday availability required.
FLSA status: Exempt Guckenheimer Embraces Equal Opportunity Employment
Guckenheimer participates with E-Verify program as required by Law
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below