Airline – Aviation, Food
Skilled Labor – Trades
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts in support of the Executive Chef to drive menu and product quality in all production areas by overseeing food preparation and production, by consulting with the Buyer; Chefs, cooks, and team leaders; minimize waste through portioning, overboarding over-production, and inventory control.
- In the absence of the Executive Chefs as the Culinary Lead for the unit
- Ensures Menu presentations are properly planned, set up, and specifications reviewed to ensure compliance to recipes and portion specifications as required by the customer.
- Understands menu and product specifications and insure menu employee training is completed.
- Insures waste is minimizes through oversight of proper portion and production management with all chefs throughout the production areas. Using a “Pull System”, Insures accurate and timely inventories are completed so requisitions are based on demand.
- Achieves culinary operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; serving as culinary resource support to Executive Chef and operations management.
- Acts to identifying and resolving problems, completes timely audits, and serves as a “Change Agent”
- Assist as the support lead for menu presentations works with the Executive Chef to insure products, production, and costs are efficiently managed and all variances are noted.
- Responsible for coaching, counseling, and preparing corrective action for employees
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with sanitation and federal, state, and local legal regulations; overseeing food preparation, safety, and security; reviewing and implementing accident and disaster plans.
- Ensures quality production standards are followed and maintained. Ensures employees adhere to HACCP, FDA and safety regulations and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures meal cycles are communicated in a timely and accurate basis. Monitor yields of products to ensure maximum usage.
- Works with management staff to improve performance of the unit
Training & Development
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; being sought for opinions as a culinary expert; contributing to professional publications; participating in professional societies and sharing this information with direct reports.
- Must ensure all cooks, and Sous Chef employees have the skills and abilities to perform all cooking and food preparation requirements of all the Airline Accounts serviced in the Unit Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures and production of products to ensure maximum productivity with minimum labor and food expenses.
- Assists in the development and training of cooks as required
- Responsible for culinary employee onboarding and retention
- Completes all company required training including but not limited to ServSafe Sanitation Manager Certification.
- Maintains culinary equipment by following operating instructions; instructing staff in equipment use; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining equipment supplies; insuring preventive maintenance and repairs; evaluating the unit cooking equipment against the current needs and future expectations.
- Initiates and supports NPT and timesaving production techniques, training others in specialty techniques
- Improves menu quality and consistency by analyzing food production records and menu expenses; promoting kitchen staff interest in quality improvement; studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Prepares menu and food preparation reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing food, dining, and customer data and trends.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in the Culinary Arts or a related field, (formal culinary education) required.
- Certification as CCC from ACF, ProChef II or equivalent
- Minimum 7-10 years in progressive Chef growth positions is required
- Minimum of 1-3 years supervisory experience working in a high volume, manufacturing, food production, and restaurant or catering environment required.
- In-flight catering experience or experience in a high-volume food service environment required.
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Ability to cook meals according to detailed specifications.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the ability to successfully manage a staff of 2 to 3 Sous Chefs and over production employess
- Current or previous labor relations experience is a plus, but not required.
- Candidate must be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
- Ability to train others required.
- Must have the ability to give negative and positive feedback to employees on a daily basis.
- Excellent time management skills required. Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills required.
- Must be innovative and have the ability to make changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance.
- Basic computer skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred
- ServSafe Certified preferred.
- Ability to obtain ServSafe Certification required
Gate Group Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
- Thinking – Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
- Engaging – Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
- Inspiring – Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
- Achieving – Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
- We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
- We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
- We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below