QR Code Link to This Post
A Bartender is responsible for preparing beverages and serving beverages and/or food to guests in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Bartender, you would be responsible for preparing beverages and serving beverages and/or food to guests in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet guests and respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Mix and garnish beverages according to recipe and portion control standards
- Present and serve beverages to guests
- Check guests for proper identification and serve alcoholic beverages to guests in accordance with federal, state, local and company laws and regulations
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates, cards and vouchers
- Stock and maintain the bar to include, but not limited to, beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice and produce
- Cut, store and ensure product quality of all beverage-related perishables
- Respond professionally to inebriated guests, as needed
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of professional bartending experience in a similar environment is required.
- Experience in an upscale hotel bar or restaurant environment preferred
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
WA State Food Handler’s and MAST 12 permit required.
CPR/1st Aid certification preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Meet minimum age requirements of jurisdiction
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions, balance sheets and vouchers.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to work stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below