QR Code Link to This Post
We are a seafood distributor and wholesaler based out of Williamsburg in Brooklyn. We have over 30 years of experience and currently serve a wide range of high end restaurants and supermarkets in the New York Metropolitan area.
We are looking for a part-time delivery driver, up to 4 days a week, between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm, to make deliveries for our restaurant distribution division using a company van. The majority of the deliveries will be in Manhattan with 15-25 deliveries per day. There will be the expectation of making deliveries into restaurant basements with or without hand trucks. You will be under ongoing but indirect supervision by warehouse management.
• Pack products from walk in cooler and load products onto company vans per customer orders.
• Move arriving shipments from loading dock to walk in cooler.
• Deliver customers’ products per daily orders and assigned route in a timely and professional manner.
• Unload and place orders inside customer-directed designated area.
• Follow all company policies and procedures in handling invoices, returns and payments.
• Ensure that the vehicle is properly cleaned, fueled, and maintained.
• Report any issues to management.
• Other tasks or assignments as requested by management.
• Must demonstrate initiative and results in setting and carrying out work priorities.
• Strong verbal communications abilities to communicate with customers and other staff.
• Professional demeanor.
• Attention to accuracy and detail.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and independently.
• Sees all tasks through to completion.
Experience / Educational Requirements:
• Ability to speak and understand English.
• Clean driving record; CDL not necessary.
• Customer Service experience for dealing with clients.
• Able to read a map/follow GPS program for driving to customer locations.
• Atleast 2 years experience as a commercial delivery driver
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
• Reaching by extending hands or arms in either direction.
• Ability to see and hear within normal parameters.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs loading and unloading.
• Able to work in an industrial environment (noise, dirt, cold conditions).
• Must pass a pre-employment background check.
• Review after 30 days.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below