QR Code Link to This Post
For over 140 years, Nurtury has provided the highest quality early care and education programs for the communities of Greater Boston. And we are expanding!
Currently, we are looking for a Cook Assistant.
Works closely with the head cook to ensure the safe storage, preparation, and transportation of nutritious meals to the child care centers according to agency, DOE, and Public Health code standards.
1. Responsible for the safe storage, preparation and service of nutritious meals and snacks, according to Nurtury (and other funding sources) guidelines.
2. Prepare and maintain written records pertaining to the food service operation according to Nurtury (and other funding sources) guidelines.
3. Maintain established standards for sanitation, safety and food preparation according to Nurtury (and other funding sources) guidelines and Commonwealth of Massachusetts Article X sanitary codes.
4. Participate in nutrition education activities for children, parents and staff, as appropriate.
5. Attend meetings and participate in monthly in-service training sessions.
6. Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Ability to read, write and follow verbal instructions in English.
• Experience in quantity cooking.
• Demonstrated math skills, necessary for record keeping.
• Effective communication skills both oral and written.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Must have or obtain a Serve Safe certificate.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to the email address above or click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below