QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for an energetic, professional and organized HOSTPERSON. (“Recepcionista de Restaurante”) This employee welcomes our guests to the restaurant in a warm and enthusiastic fashion. Smiles and presents a professional appearance, manages reservations and works with other staff to meet guests’ needs. Influences customer flow for good service while fulfilling guests’ requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Makes eye contact and smiles warmly when welcoming our guests.
– Is aware of reservation names in advance of guest’s arrival.
– Uses guests’ surname according to standards.
– Seats guests according to a pre-arranged seating plan and initiates light conversation while doing so.
– Courteously holds chairs for ladies first, men when possible.
– Hands menus to guests and places napkins on the guests’ lap.
– Takes drink order to expedite and improve service, as necessary.
– Manages the reservation book to ensure all reservations are honored for the correct time in order to enhance guest satisfaction as well as operational efficiency.
– Ensures appropriate menus are available for distribution (i.e. lunch, dinner etc.).
– Ensures menus are clean and in good repair at all time.
– Replaces soiled, worn and/or torn menus and guarantees enough new menus are kept in reserve. Answers the telephone within three rings with a smile and in accordance with the hotel’s telephone etiquette standards.
– Keeps a waiting list when required and makes a concerted effort to know where the guest is waiting so as not to unduly inconvenience our guests.
– Liaises with the hotel concierge in an effort to coordinate reservations and/or special requests to maximize service to our guests as well as to capture the highest possible number of restaurant covers.
– Maintains an adequate supply of administrative supplies, i.e.; pens, captain’s order books, printer paper, wait staff menu and wine description binders, note books etc.
– Carries out duties safely and is trained in our established safety and emergency procedures. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Experience in a fast paced restaurant is preferred
CA Food Handlers Certification Required
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AND JOIN THIS GREAT TEAM, CLICK HERE:
Evans Hotels is the premier provider of resort accommodations in one of San Diego’s most beautiful and scenic locations, Mission Bay Park. Since 1953, it has been our mission to match the superior natural beauty of this landscape with a superior level of service, in addition to well thought out amenities complemented by stylish interior environments. Our properties include The Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla and the Bahia and Catamaran Resort Hotels on Mission Bay.
A partial list of our benefits includes: Medical coverage (for full time employees); free life insurance plan (for full time employees); 401(k) Plan; Section 125 Reimbursement Plan; vacation time, discounted banking services; discounted cell phone services through Verizon, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Sales Incentive Program, Employee Recruitment Incentive Program, discounted health club memberships; employee hotel discounts through the Resort Hotel Association Employee Rate Lodging Program; free employee parking; and free employee shift meals.
Evans Hotels provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics or medical condition, or any other legally-protected category. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below