QR Code Link to This Post
THEATER FLOOR STAFF
Classification: PART-TIME, NON-EXEMPT
Salary Level: $12.00 PER HOUR
Reports to: Theater General Manager
January 15, 2019
The Theater Floor Staff creates a welcome environment for Customers. Sells soft drinks, packaged and/or bulk candies, popcorn, hot dogs, ice cream, and other food items to theatre patrons. Cleans, maintains, and stocks the concession stand and equipment. The Floor staff member which includes Concession, Box Office Cashier or Usher, as staffing needs require, and, as a result, such an Employee must also be able to perform the essential job functions of those positions. Ushers are expected to clean theaters after patrons have completely exited each theater. Sweep aisles, wipe tables, and pick up trash throughout theater. Ushers are also expected to clean restrooms; sweep, refill toiletries, and hand soap. Box Office employees are expected to greet customers with a positive attitude, sell tickets, explain reserved seating and other aspects of pricing, show times, disabilities polices, and processing transactions. Concession staff members are expected to greet Customers and use suggestive selling techniques. Provides fast and friendly service. Rings up the sale on register, accepts payment, and makes change. Prepares food (popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, pretzels, etc.). Properly operates cooking, warming, and popping equipment. This location is equipped to sell alcohol. There are additional requirements for Employees who work with alcohol.
• Greet customers in a welcoming manner
• Provide excellent customer service
• Perform each duty of all areas; Concession, Box office, and usher.
• Stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise.
• Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
• Stamp, mark or tag prices on merchandise.
• Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer.
• Answer customer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
• Total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
• Accept payment and make change. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
• Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift.
• Calculate sales discount to determine price.
• Keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock and order merchandise.
• Keep the showroom clean and orderly.
• Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management.
• Checks the identification and verifies the legal age for purchase of alcoholic beverages.
• Prepares, pours, and delivers alcoholic beverages to Customers.
• Understands and complies with state liquor laws and Cinema West policies with regard to alcohol service.
• Notifies management of impaired Customers, and does not serve them alcoholic beverages.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Available to work evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
• Requires regular and consistent attendance.
• Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities. Ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend in English.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and to be able to move quickly as the bulk of concession sales occur in the fifteen minutes before the start of a movie.
• Requires the ability to occasionally lift and clean popcorn kettles, warmers, butter machines, hot dog and other food preparation equipment, and soft drink equipment.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Accurate cash handling and math skills.
• Must be at least 16 years of age, Must be at least 21 years of age (for alcohol service).
• Must complete a Safe Alcohol Service training program (for alcohol service).
• Customer/Client Focus.
• Teamwork Orientation.
• Communication Proficiency.
This job operates in a movie theater environment with merchandise displays and items available for purchase in inventory.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Ability to move, carry, push and pull heavy bulk food products and containers from remote or separate storage areas. Sometimes this must be done quickly in order to keep shelves stocked.The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Travel – No travel.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Previous retail or customer service experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications – Current Food Handler’s certification. LEAD or other safe beverage service training.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, gender, age, religious preference, handicap, national origin, sexual orientation or marital status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below