QR Code Link to This Post
Our Exciting Work Environment
The New England Aquarium located in Boston, Massachusetts is a global leader in ocean exploration and marine conservation. With more than 1.3 million visitors a year, the Aquarium is one of the premier visitor attractions in Boston and a major public education resource for the region. The New England Aquarium serves as a responsive community resource that attracts and involves the broadest possible audience; seeks a culturally diverse staff and governing board that reflect our community; adheres to the highest standards of animal stewardship; and is committed to delivering the highest quality visitor experience in a welcoming and enjoyable manner that inspires awe, curiosity, understanding, caring, and action.
Patina Restaurant Group is seeking a talented hospitality professional to take on the position of Assistant General Manager to directly oversee their restaurant’s daily operations and group of talented chefs, dedicated managers and team members.
This representative will collaborate with the General Manager to hire, train, supervise front of house employees while monitoring their performance to ensure productivity and rapport. The ideal candidate creates an impeccable dining environment for all patrons at the highest sanitary and organizational standards. The Assistant General Manager will align communication between floor staff and kitchen staff to calibrate information about the restaurant’s menu, events, etc. He/she will handle all financial arrangements regarding purchase budgeting, sales, and employee expenditures. With these responsibilities come unlimited opportunity to grow as a hospitality professional in Patina Restaurant Group’s friendly and enjoyable work environment with a healthy work life balance.
- Partner with the General Manager to train and manage front of house service staff, ensuring consistent delivery of superior products and professional service within the standards of budget, policies, procedures, and quality.
- Oversee daily shift responsibilities of all employees (floor service, side-work, sanitation, receiving, invoices and time cards).
- Collaborate with General Manager to maximize sales potential and profitability including: promotions, guest satisfaction, monitoring product and labor costs, reviewing of financial information, etc.
- Work together to take action in correcting cost deviations. Order and conduct monthly inventory of wine, liquor and other supplies.
- Work closely and with all management staff; Establish open lines of communication between FOH and BOH at all times.
- Monitor food and beverage quality and presentation at all times; notify Chefs and General Managers with any problems, concerns, or complaints.
- Build rapport with restaurant guests and ensure an enjoyable and memorable experience.
- Oversee repairs and maintenance of the premises; supervise any remodels.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Hospitality, Business, or other applicable specialization.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a service position with supervisory responsibilities for a full service, high volume restaurants, hotels, or other food and beverage units with a similar capacity and clientele.
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certifications required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Exhibit strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s.
- Possess strong communication skills to engage, educate and uphold utmost hospitality towards customers, fellow employees and leadership.
- Maintain an entrepreneurial perspective in all endeavors increasing sales and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to maintain poised and approachable during high-pressure circumstances.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary–to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia – our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. And at Delaware North – whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants – there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you! We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group’s exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality – the sky is the limit.
Interested & Qualified individuals click here to apply.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below