QR Code Link to This Post
The Epiphany Center, a non-profit in San Francisco, provides client-centered care to a diverse population of children, women, and families who are the most vulnerable in our society. Our purpose is to strengthen family life and to enhance the physical, social-emotional, intellectual and spiritual growth of each person in our care.
Do you have a passion for cooking and developing nutritionally balanced meals? Interested in making a difference and positively impacting women who are recovering from substance abuse?
The cook/kitchen supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the kitchen; creating and executing a menu, ordering food, keeping kitchen clean and organized, washing dishes and teaching cooking classes to the women.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job duties and meet the qualifications as listed below:
• Must have a culinary degree or three years of experience managing a kitchen.
• Must have culinary teaching experience and be able to facilitate cooking classes to a diverse population of women.
• Must be able to plan and execute a nutritionally balance menu for all clients and their children.
• Relevant coursework in nutrition a plus.
• Ability to efficiently manage a comprehensive kitchen budget.
• Able to effectively utilize ordering platforms for food delivery.
• Maintains a valid CA Driver’s License and good driving record.
• Maintains working knowledge of nutritional practices.
• Experience in food safety management services.
• Requires knowledge of menu planning and proper operation of kitchen equipment.
• Ability to teach clients basic culinary skills and facilitate cooking classes.
• Must meet agency conditions for employment including requirements for Child Abuse Index and Fingerprinting clearances.
• Ability to perform food preparation for large agency functions (80-100 people) monthly.
• ServSafe Certified
• Meets weekly with Chief Operating Officer for on-going supervision.
• Supervises, instructs, and counsels clients in food preparation, nutrition, menu planning, and other home economic activities individually and in groups.
• Oversees the menu planning, food ordering, shopping and inventory.
• Manages all requirements: state licensing requirements, San Francisco and State Board of Health requirements, Food Bank requirements.
• Prepares food as necessary for residents, childcare and for special events, in conjunction with clients and program staff.
• Maintains a sanitary environment in all areas of the kitchen and dining room and ensures proper disposal of recycling, compost and trash.
• Ensures safe functioning and care of equipment and small appliances.
• Orders, stores, and distributes kitchen supplies.
• Maintains records according to policies and needs of the Business Office (inventory, recap sheets, receipts, and purchase orders, etc.).
• Reads and interprets department documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Practices and models excellent food and safety hygiene for clients.
• Appropriately handles sensitive and confidential information.
• Effective in problem resolution.
• Effectively communicates with coworkers (individual and groups), clients, and all personnel associated with outside agencies.
• Required to drive agency vehicles.
• Performs effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Acknowledges safety policies and procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
• Must have good time management skills.
• Must be able and willing to be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the agency.
Epiphany Center provides an excellent benefits package for regular full and part time employees including employee health, dental, vision, 100% employer-paid life insurance, 401K retirement plan, Aflac voluntary plans, Employee Assistance Program, paid vacation, paid holidays and sick time.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume with a cover letter.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below