QR Code Link to This Post
Position: SALES SERVICES MANAGER
Effective Date: 02/04/2019
JOB OVERVIEW: To assist in the overall efficient operation of the Sales & Catering Department. Responsible for the efficient and professional coordination of any assigned banquet, meeting or reception.
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with sales, hotel departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post event phases.
2. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
3. Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process. Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
4. Proactively identifies operational challenges associated with his/her event and works with the hotel staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
5. Manages banquet and meeting space for assigned groups.
6. Advises sales staff as to ability to accommodate client demands including phone requirements, fit of available space and materials such as booths. Assist sales staff in promoting hotel, developing leads and securing re-bookings.
7. Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers. Basic knowledge of mathematics and calculator skills to prepare mathematical calculations without error. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to interact with vendors and department heads. Hotel reservations & Sales and Catering software program knowledge is helpful.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent Hotels & Resorts. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below