QR Code Link to This Post
People person. Creative. Quick thinking. Detail oriented. Competitive. If these words describe you, our Catering Sales Manager position may be just what you’re looking for. Harry Caray’s Restaurant Group is seeking an experienced Catering Sales Manager to join our team in Lombard. The Catering Sales and Events Manager is responsible for selling the banquet/event space and for all aspects of event planning–including food, beverage, staffing and equipment. Harry Caray’s in Lombard offers a wide range of private event spaces for up to 450 guests. The elegant, wood-paneled ballroom with floor to ceiling windows open onto an expansive terrace overlooking a beautiful pond and fountain.
• Aggressively find and pursue all appropriate opportunities for business by outside customer solicitation and relationship building in accordance with established goals and objectives.
• Conduct site visits with prospective clients.
• Work closely with clients to develop menus, staffing and equipment needs, décor and any other aspect of planning required for the event.
• Ensure that events are executed in accordance with the contract.
• Correspond with potential clients concerning bids, proposals, confirmation of bookings, thank you letters, billing, follow-up letters, etc.
• In conjunction with other office associates, maintain accurate and up to date records of all Catering department functions and transactions.
• Individual must have a minimum of 2 years of strong sales experience with a catering company, full service hotel, or other related field/equivalent experience.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or sales related field a plus.
• Proven track record of developing long-term client relationships.
• Solid knowledge of sales principles, techniques, industry practices, and prospecting activities common to the hospitality industry.
• Knowledge of cost control measures (i.e. labor, food and beverage, and materials) involved with events and meetings.
• Must be willing to work weekends and holidays based on business needs.
• Experience with Reserve a plus.
Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and computer.
• Effective time management and organization skills.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below