QR Code Link to This Post
We’re looking to hire a Line Cook to join Chef Jeff Jackson and our Culinary team at The Lodge Torrey Pines in La Jolla. If you are looking for a fast-paced environment to build on your Culinary skills, we would love to talk to you.
The Lodge Torrey Pines is located on Torrey Pines Golf Course in La Jolla, California, one of Southern California’s most picturesque destinations and site of the 2008 and 2021 U.S. Open Championship. The property includes two restaurants the signature A.R. Valentien fine dining restaurant and The Grill at Torrey Pines. The hotel received an AAA five-diamond rating upon opening in April 2002 and has continued to be awarded the prestigious award since then.
The Line Cook prepares all menu items in specific station with the utmost of care and respect for ingredients, technique and fellow associates. Sets the example for all staff as to the pride and professionalism required to perform in a culinary environment of this caliber.
PLEASE EMAIL US YOUR RESUME FIRST: [email protected]
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures that quality is never compromised and service never delayed enabling the best guest experience possible.Strives for excellence.
2. Maintains fresh, organized mis en place at all times to ensure the highest level of cookery.
3. Assists other cooks in achieving their goals, fostering teamwork and camaraderie.
4. Prepares and presents menu items in specific station (line).
5. Maintains the highest level of cleanliness in accordance with the Health Department and hotel standards.
6. Prepares entrees according to restaurant standards by consistently following recipes and established techniques.
7. Maintains a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
8. Rotates stock to maintain freshness and eliminate waste.
9. Regular and predictable attendance for scheduled shifts.
10. Practices established safety and emergency procedures.
11. Undertakes other responsibilities as directed by the Chef.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EDUCATION:
– 2-3 years comparable experience
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB AND JOIN THIS AMAZING CULINARY TEAM, CLICK HERE:
Evans Hotels is the premier provider of resort accommodations in one of San Diego’s most beautiful and scenic locations, Mission Bay Park. Since 1953, it has been our mission to match the superior natural beauty of this landscape with a superior level of service, in addition to well thought out amenities complemented by stylish interior environments. Our properties include The Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla and the Bahia and Catamaran Resort Hotels on Mission Bay.
A partial list of our benefits includes: Medical coverage (for full time employees); free life insurance plan (for full time employees); 401(k) Plan; Section 125 Reimbursement Plan; vacation time, discounted banking services; discounted cell phone services through Verizon, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Sales Incentive Program, Employee Recruitment Incentive Program, discounted health club memberships; employee hotel discounts through the Resort Hotel Association Employee Rate Lodging Program; free employee parking; and free employee shift meals.
Evans Hotels provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics or medical condition, or any other legally-protected category. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below