Valparaiso Care & Rehabilitation Center
Food, Healthcare – Health Services, Restaurant
Health Care, Restaurant – Food Service, General Labor
Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
American Senior Communities has proudly served customers since the year 2000 with a long history of excellent outcomes. We are Indiana-owned and operated, and we aren’t ever going to forget our roots. We take great pride in our Hoosier heritage with Hoosier hospitality ingrained in everything we do. As experts in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all of our relationships with customers, staff, family members and the community at large.
We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Dietary Cook/ Sous Chef
The Dietary Cook / Sous Chef is responsible for the timely preparation and serving of resident meals that are consistent with departmental policies and procedures and state and federal laws and regulations. This position is responsible for ensuring the food is prepared and served timely and at the proper temperatures.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Follows recipes and prepares food that corresponds to menu cycles prepared by the Registered Dietitian.
- Cooks or prepares palatable, attractive, nutritionally adequate meals in institutional quantities at proper temperatures and at proper times.
- Tastes food for proper appearance, flavor, smell, and consistency.
- Assists with demonstrating, instructing and educating dietary staff on preparation, garnishing and presentation of food.
- Supervises dietary staff with food preparation, assembling trays, cleaning, and storage of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a clean food service work area as food preparation and service is in process.
- Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient manner to prevent waste.
- Prepares and maintains supply of food substitutes to accommodate resident choices, cultural, ethnic, and religious preferences.
- Uses food preparation equipment properly and follows proper cleaning techniques and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Handles, stores, and disposes of food supplies, and prepares food in accordance with departmental procedures and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Assists in receiving and storage of deliveries from vendors.
- Communicates with Dietary Services Manager throughout shift as needed to best meet needs of the residents.
We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Career Growth
- Referral Bonuses up to $1000
Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prior Institutional and/or Healthcare service experience is preferred.
Certification in Sanitation/Safe Food Handling is preferred.
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below