Posted 18 days ago
Degree – High School
Other Great Industries
Restaurant – Food Service, Skilled Labor – Trades
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Assumes the lead position in the main cooking area. Directly involved in the menu planning, preparation, and production of food items main courses and entree items. This position reports to Food Service Supervisor, and in his/her absence, to the Food Service Director and/or Assistant Manager.
- Operates and maintains the cook/chill equipment and food produced according to regulatory agency standards.
- Assists the Food Service Supervisor in formulating daily production schedules, establishing raw material quantities, and setting specific food counts.
- Follows a daily production schedule, and uses standardized recipes in the production of all foods.
- Consult with Assistant Director when recipes need to be revised.
- Ensures that the kitchen and surrounding areas are sanitized and clean in accordance with company standards and health code regulations.
- Trains and instructs other personnel on tasks in the cooking area.
- Prepares and packages main course and entree items for the menu, special requisitions and other special occasions.
- Produces all food items to meet the department’s delivery schedule.
- Practices economic utilization of foods to avoid waste and keeps a weekly inventory on cook chilled foods. .
- Maintains high quality standards on all prepared foods.
- Assist with planning of new cycle menus.
- Must be able to spot problems with equipment and daily production and help resolve quickly and efficiently.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Assists in other department positions as needed.
- 2 Year Culinary Degree / High school Diploma /GED required
- 5years experience in a lead Kitchen position
- Serv Safe Certification
- In-depth knowledge of volume cooking.
- In-depth knowledge of proper utilization of food services equipment must possess culinary creativity.
- Able to instruct other personnel in the cooks department.
- Knowledgeable of safe food preparation and handling practices is essential.
- Knowledge in Cook Chill Operation preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75-lbs.
- Moderate physical activity.
- Able to work fluctuating hours.
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below