A Lead Pastry Cook is responsible for creating, planning and supervising the production and preparation of pastries, desserts, and other cold dishes according to Hilton’s high standards of quality in a cost effective and safe manner to enhance the quality of the guest’s experience.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma/GED required (Culinary degree preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience as a pastry cook, preferably in a banquet/high volume environment
- Must have open availability to help business demands and call offs
- Strong negotiation and communication skills (in respectful manner)
- Servsafe Certified or State Food handlers certificate
- Creative eye for detail
What will I be doing?
As a Lead Pastry Cook, you would be responsible creating, preparing, producing and baking all pastries, breads, rolls and desserts for food and beverage outlets in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
Ensure that Burnham, Noshery and Executive Lounge open correctly and on time.
Collaborate with Pastry Chef on special menus and seasonal menus
Complete weekly orders for next week’s events if Pastry Chef is unavailable
Write production lists and banquet event orders when Pastry Chef is not present
Communicate with banquet personnel when present in the kitchen to figure out what is needed and taken care of for the guest
Help kitchen departments in need due to call offs.
Developing creative customized cakes and baked goods for banquets and restaurants
Ensure that the kitchen is clean at all times and meets all local health code requirements
Check all Banquet carts and boxes before they are delivered to ensure all product is present and on time.
Attend BEO meetings Monday – Friday at 2:00p if Pastry chef is unavailable
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its URL blocked – click to apply. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Maintain Clean Work Environment
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below