Sodexo – Quality of Life Services
The Cook II will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position
include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time.
- May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte or may operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical cooking techniques.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Typically performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to customers.
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills required.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3 to 4 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Involved with the more complex requirements of the position.
- Applies some advanced cooking skills.
- May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the requirements of the position.
- Extensive working knowledge of food preparation.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Outline Of Food Preparation
Founded in 1966 by Pierre Bellon in Marseilles, France, Sodexo is now the worldwide leader in Quality of Life services. For over 50 years, we have developed unique expertise, backed by nearly 420,000 employees in 80 countries across the globe.
In combining the diverse talents of our teams, Sodexo is the only company to integrate a complete offer of innovative services, based on over 100 professions. We develop, manage and deliver a unique array of On-site Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services for all our clients to improve the Quality of Life.
Our experiences with our over 75 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance…every day.
View the full profile
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below