We are looking for a Part time PM Cook for our Sleepy Eye Care Center!
** This is a 22 hour position. The hours are 12:15pm-8pm.**
To provide quality food service in accordance with all State and Federal regulations and to meet the nutritional and individual needs of the residents.
1. Completes defined food preparation, serving of meals and cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various dietary equipment and supplies, as assigned by the Director of Dietary and Management Team.
2. Plans and initiates cooking schedule for food preparation to meet meal schedule.
3. Prepares, seasons, cooks and serves meat, main dish, soup and vegetable for assigned meal; ensures appropriate portioned servings according to portion control standards.
4. Prepares nutritional snacks for residents as assigned.
5. Tastes and smells prepared food to determine quality and palatability.
6. Monitors temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained throughout meal service.
7. Stores leftovers properly, plans for use of leftover foods in accordance with State and Federal sanitation regulations.
8. Supervises dietary staff in the absence of the Director of Dietary and Assistant Director of Dietary; initiate replacement calls for absentees and re-organizes work assignments as directed.
9. Assists with department inventory program.
a. Checks and inspects food products and supplies as delivered, in the absence of the Director of Dietary and Assistant Director of Dietary. Supervises and assists in storage of supplies and food products.
b. Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus; confers with Director of Dietary.
c. Notifies Director of Dietary of supplies or equipment needs.
10. Implements menu substitutions if needed according to State and Federal regulations.
11. Follows reporting procedures for the following:
a. Observed resident concerns.
b. Supply and equipment needs.
c. Damaged, unsafe, malfunctioning equipment.
d. Conditions related to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
12. Cleans equipment and work areas as assigned by the Director of Dietary.
13. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
14. Performs other duties or special assignments as directed by the Director of Dietary.
1. Employee needs ability to move continuously; may cover large distances walking through facility and is on feet consistently.
2. Vision requirements include both near and far vision.
3. Frequently required bend, stoop, reach, crouch, push and pull; occasionally required to squat, crawl, climb, kneel and balance.
4. Employee is required to continuously lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds; frequently required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds and carry up to thirty-five (35) pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to one hundred (100) pounds.
5. Employee may be subject to working at unprotected heights.
6. Employee may be exposed to changes in temperature and humidity, dust, fumes, and gases.
7. Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hour and schedule.
8. Ability to work beyond regularly scheduled shift (overtime) when necessary.
Employees will be expected to:
1. Follow correct policy and procedures for department and facility Fire/Disaster/Missing Person Plan. Know the location of fire alarms and extinguishers.
2. Follow correct policy and procedure for hand washing.
3. Follow guidelines for proper method of lifting.
4. All doorways, hallways and areas are to be kept clear.
5. Know the location and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
6. Follow guidelines for department environment and safety measures.
7. Follow guidelines for safe handling, inspection, maintenance and storage of equipment. Report any malfunction of equipment.
8. Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of chemicals and supplies.
9. Follow correct policy and procedure for reporting of incidents: staff, residents, etc.
10. Follow correct procedure for food handling/storage and sanitation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. High School diploma/GED required preferred. Education in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets preferred.
3. Minimum of one year food service experience in a healthcare dietary setting preferred.
4. Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
5. General knowledge of quantity food preparation and portioned serving required.
6. Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public.
Outline Of Food Preparation
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below