The Dietary Aide Assists with foodpreparation in accordance with our established procedural guidelines, and asdirected by the Food Service/Dietary Manager/Supervisor.
The Cook prepares palatable, nutritionallysound meals consistent with departmental policies and procedures and consistentwith state and federal laws and regulations that meet daily nutritional andspecial diet needs of each resident. Responsible to ensure that foods areprepared and served at the proper temperature and the proper time. Works withDirector of Food Service to allocate resources in an efficient manner so thateach resident receives food in the amount, type, consistency and frequency tomaintain acceptable body weight, nutritional values, and quality of life.
1. Assistscook in the preparation of meals, salads, desserts, snacks or other dishes for patients/residents,also prepares between-meal nourishments (make sandwiches, etc.)
2. Followsdiet orders and NPO diet orders
3. Servesnourishments in accordance with procedural guidelines
4. Properlystores leftovers/ opened food
5. Followsprocedures for serving partner meals
6. Offersmenu substitutions and records them in accordance with procedural guidelines.
7. Complieswith infection control policies in the work area
8. Deliverstrays to patients/residents on halls and in dining area
9. Assistswith the serving/pouring of juice, milk, water, and tea, etc.; makes coffee/tea as requested
10. Cleansall tables in the dining area after each meal
11. Cleanswork area at the end of shift and after meals, including sweeping and moppingand stores all cleaning equipment appropriately
12. Cleanskitchen equipment such as, carts, tables, counters, ice machine, buckets,blender, mixer, meat slicer, freezer, refrigerator, stove, steamer, garbagedisposal, dish machine coffee/ tea maker, steam table etc.
13. Removesgarbage from kitchen areas and hoses out garbage containers
14. Scrapesdishes, washes dishes, pots and pans and stores properly
15. Recordsfreezer and walk-in refrigerator temperatures in accordance with establishedprocedures
16. Maintainsdishwasher and dish sink; checks and records water temperature (dishwasher, patand pan sink, etc.); checks dishwasher with sanitizer strips; checks chemicallevels and replaces if needed
17. Maintainssupply stock and properly stores items according to established procedures
18. Setsup tray line and performs tray line service
19. Operatesthe dish machine, garbage disposal, mixer, blender, meat slicer, steamer,coffee and tea maker
20. Uses,cleans and maintains serving equipment (ladle, spoon, scoops, etc.) accordingto established procedures
21. Workingknowledge of food handling, preparation and storage techniques that comply withstate and federal laws and regulations. Ability to apply regulations to worksituations of cook and to supervision of staff assistants.
22. Followsrecipes and prepares foods that correspond to menu cycles prepared byDietitian. Cook or prepares palatable, attractive, nutritionally adequate mealsin institutional quantities that are served at proper times.
23. Assistswith supervision kitchen staff that assist with food preparation, assemblingtrays, cleaning and storage of supplies and equipment. Continuously cleans foodservice work areas as food preparation and service is done. Uses food suppliesand equipment in an efficient and economic manner to prevent waste.
24. Preparesand maintains supply of food substitutes to accommodate resident choices,cultural, ethnic and religious preferences. Inspects trays following mealservice to monitor and record resident acceptance of menu items. Reportsfindings to Dietary Manager.
25. Usesfood preparation equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions. Followsproper cleaning techniques and preventative maintenance schedules. Handles,stores, dispose of food supplies and prepared food in accord with departmentprocedures and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
A high school diplomaor its equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of one (1) yearinstitutional food service experience as a cook.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Experience in long termcare food production is preferred.
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Shift: 1st Shift
Job Posting: Oct 14, 2019, 7:01:25 AM
Outline Of Food Preparation
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below