This is a Part Time position.
Glassdoor rated 4.1 out of 5
CRISTA Ministries. “Where faith meets vocation.”
We have openings at our Miracle Ranch location in Port Orchard.
Do you enjoy the energy of a Camp environment?
Do you have cooking skills you would like to use in a food service role?
CRISTA Camps, Miracle Ranch and Island Lake, ministries of CRISTA located on the Kitsap Peninsula is driven by: providing memorable experiences where people encounter Christ and servant leaders are developed, so that lives and communities are transformed. Loving God by serving people is CRISTA’s mission and we are looking for the right candidate who wants an exceptional career/ministry opportunity and to help shape the future of Christian camping as part-time Cook Assistant. If you are looking to integrate your heart for youth, Christian faith and desire to serve people, we want to hear from you.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job
- Help prepare food for assigned meals. Check work sheet for other jobs for which you are responsible. Help supervise Dining Room Assistants when Food Service Supervisor or Camps Cooks are not on duty.
- Serve family style meals. Have serving dishes ready and counted out before it is time to serve.
- Fill serving dishes in a timely manner. Servers will take them out to the dining room. Coordinate timely serving of first and second helpings.
- While meal is going on, cooks will remain at serving counter to help servers. While serving seconds, advise kitchen assistants to clean up or prepare for next meal.
- At end of meal consolidate leftovers. Be ready to save food in containers. Combine milk, but be sure to check date on carton before mixing.
- Put leftover food away with a label that has the date.
- Help serve kitchen staff and serving crew after campers are dismissed.
- Clean up area after preparing a food item. Clean counters with sanitizing water.
- Follow a cleaning schedule in order to keep the kitchen clean. Shelves, freezer, and coolers need to be wiped down. Ensure all equipment is clean. Keep inside of walk-in coolers /freezer in order. Go through and throw away old food or food not going to be used with Food Service Supervisor’s approval.
- Assist the Head Cook in reviewing and evaluating total camp program.
- Attend daily staff meeting as required. Maintain a daily quiet time.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, campers and parents.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Christian Commitment: Adherence to the CRISTA Christian commitment statement, practice of biblical spiritual disciplines, and regular attendance to departmental/ministry devotions and prayer events.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Other Considerations:
- Able to work and communicate with teenagers.
- Able to multi-task and be organized.
- Contribute to and encourage a spirit of unity, teamwork and loyalty among staff to the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, campers and parents.
- Software and Equipment Used: Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- 1 year food service experience.
- Experience in the ministry.
- Food Handler’s Permit (Camps can help you obtain this).
- CPR certification.
Hardworking And Dedicated
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below