QR Code Link to This Post
Position available both locations
1641 W. 18th Street & 3832 W. Diversey Avenue
The Cafe Leader is responsible for leading all team members in the efficient and profitable operation of BREW BREW Coffee & Tea. He/she is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations, maintaining high shop standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment. The Leader is also responsible to motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
The Cafe Leader creates the tone and personality of the shop by being an advocate of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, and encouraging safe work practices. Responsibilities include scheduling shifts for baristas and wait staff, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies like coffee, milk and snacks, as needed. To be successful in this role you should have work experience with various roles in coffee shops. Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays. Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and turn our cafe into a favorite local spot.
Responsibilities – Store Operations:
• Maintains a clean, organized and stocked environment.
• Performs all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures.
• Establishes effective and positive communication amongst all team members.
• Assists ownership in maintaining proper coverage and team member schedules ensuring that the store maintains customer service standards and team members adhere to meal and break policy.
• Ensures all cash handling procedures are upheld. Is accountable for store funds while running a shift.
• Assists ownership in planning and executing all sales promotions effectively and efficiently.
• Will provide guidance and actively set an example for team members, ensuring that all Standard Operating Procedures are maintained and followed.
• Follows and directs team members to follow store policies, procedures and adhere to merchandising and cleanliness standards.
• Promotes and practices safe work habits, reporting potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and team member incidents to the store manager. Reports/documents team member accidents, conducts initial investigation and determinations of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment.
Responsibilities – Service:
• He/She is the Role Model for outstanding service and “owner” of the service initiative at his/her store during his/her shift.
• Proactive in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
• Ensures that all employees follow the Standard Operating Procedures lead by greeting and responding to all customers with fast, efficient, friendly and personalized service. Strives to develop a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
• Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
• Investigates and resolves customer incidents, documenting if necessary.
• Consistently monitors, coaches and encourages team members to meet the company’s service standards.
Responsibilities – Product:
• Follows all company drink recipes and procedures, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
• Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services, by developing an understanding of our various types of coffee, tea products, blends and roasts, as well as knowledge of coffee and tea regions, and the various differences in flavor and blends.
• Tastes products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
Responsibilities – Training & Development:
• Demonstrates the ability to lead, communicate and champion the BREW BREW Coffee & Tea brand standards.
• Provides coaching and training to baristas and lead baristas on performance expectations, conducts regular performance evaluations, and disciplines team members as necessary.
• Assists in the training and development of new employees.
• Contributes information to the ownership on performance evaluations for employees they directly supervise.
• Work experience as a Cafe Manager or Barista
• Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines
• Good math skills
• Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
• Basic computer skills required.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
• Customer service attitude
• High school diploma
• Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus
• This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
• Must be able to lift up to 30lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
• Frequently required to use hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
• Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects.
• Regularly required to handle food, hot beverages, and work with sharp objects.
• Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below