Posted 1 hour ago
Food, Hospitality, Restaurant
Restaurant – Food Service
The Barista I provides exceptional customer service while making hand-crafted, quality beverages. The Barista will take orders and make coffee, tea and other drinks to customer specifications. The individual will also operate cash registers and credit card
machines. The Barista fields customer complaints or questions while working to maintain good customer relations and speedy delivery of all beverages. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities
of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Greets customers, take orders, mixes and serves hot and cold beverages such as coffee, espresso, cappuccino, café latte, tea, chai, fruit blend drinks, etc. while considering customer specifications.
- Works to maintain good customer relations and speedy delivery of all beverages and food items.
- Arranges coffee bar/cart supplies and cups/mugs to make attractive displays.
- Maintains bar/cart area in a neat and sanitary manner.
- Often cleans coffee machines, restaurant areas, restrooms and preparation areas.
- Records all sales, collects money, operates a cash register and follows all cash-handling procedures as required.
- May sell food items.
- May operate a cash/credit card/electronic payment register.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Customer Service related work experience.
- Must have knowledge of food preparation, sanitation, standards, and inventory control systems.
- No previous work experience required.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills.
Starbucks Baristas will be required to be certified.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below