Do you enjoy working in a kitchen? Do you like preparing food that others get enjoyment from? The Hyatt House Redmond is looking for an individual who is motivated, enthusiastic, and customer service focused to join our Food & Beverage team as a part-time or full-time Evening Cook. Our wages and benefits are very competitive. Nights and weekends are required.
Cook Key responsibilities:
The cook is responsible to prepare, season, and cook menu and non-menu orders according to LodgeWorks/Brand specifications. He/she will also clean and sanitize all work areas including kitchens, food preparation, dish washing, storage, service and other areas as directed. He/she may help order supplies or help keep records and accounts. He/she will follow safe food handling and service practices and work closely with the sales staff to service guests, meeting rooms, events, catering, restaurants and bars. He/she will comply with any licensing or regulatory requirements.
Cook Job Requirements:
· Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or guests.
· Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, hot plates, buffets, ect.
· Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotation stock.
· Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
· Complete prep in advance as required by supervisor,
· Responsible for the sanitation of the kitchen and food preparation areas.
· Follow safe food handling and service practices at all times.
· Must be able to operate grills, ovens, hot plates, buffets, juice and milk machines, commercial refrigerators and freezers, coffee brewer, commercial dishwasher, and vacuum cleaner.
· One-year previous hotel (or like) kitchen experience preferred, but not required
· High school degree or equivalent preferred
· Food handling certificate in state or counties where required.
Cook Hours of position
This is a part-time or full-time, evening position which includes weekends and holidays.
Hyatt House Redmond is part of LodgeWorks, a hotel development and management company based in Wichita, Kansas with 950+ employees nationwide. Our multi-brand strategy includes Archer, Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Aloft, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and other high quality, nationally branded products. We are industry innovators with a rich history and a strong family culture. At LodgeWorks, hospitality is more than just the industry in which we work. It defines everything we do. Hospitality is the single most important element of our organization – the foundation upon which everything is built.
Our benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401(k) with employer match, Term Life Insurance at no cost to the employee, additional Supplemental Term Life Insurance available at a minimal cost to the employee, Long and Short-Term Disability benefits at no cost to the employee, and much more for full-time positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a lot to offer individuals interested in joining our team.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below