QR Code Link to This Post
General Manager- San Diego
General Managers are in charge of the operations for a large area within a company. They oversee assistant managers and their employees. When they’re not attending to personnel needs our General Manager are also responsible for operations, create and maintain budgets, and coordinate with local management in the company to evaluate employees, company performance and efficiencies.
Must have minimum of 5 years managing staff preferable in hospitality.
1. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
2. 5 years managing a large staff
3. Bilingual is a plus
4. Professional Certification
5. ServeSafe is a MUST
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for recruiting, selecting, training, assigning AOR, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Responsible for bi-monthly review and accuracy of payroll registers.
• Responsible for ensuring managers are utilizing Payroll software accurately for all vacation and sick leave, while communicating with the Payroll Manager.
• Interview and hire new service and support staff with the assistance of HR manager.
• Train all new service and support staff using a robust training package that is dynamic and regularly updated.
o Ensure all training requirements are fulfilled and testing is complete.
• Approve all schedules to ensure operations run effectively. Ensuring adherence to budgets and operational requirements.
• Ensures the profitability of the restaurant by understanding our goals and budgets for sales, labor and purchasing.
o Sales Goals: See budget
o Labor Goals: 30% combined, FOH/BOH – Salary and hourly
o COG Goals: 28%
• Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; focuses on being positive and solution based to achieve results.
• Open and close the restaurant as needed with attention to all the small details, setting the example for all staff and inspecting the work of the opening and closing service team members.
• Be an excellent communicator with the service team both at daily “Line Up” and throughout the shift.
• Be on the floor ensuring service excellence from every position in the restaurant.
• Engage guests to create memorable experiences, lasting relationships and to create the connectivity to allow for feedback and critique.
• Responsible for full understanding of Aloha programming, Aloha Insight, Orca, Venga, Hotschedules, Opentable, Thanxs, Mood Player, Pijot (Digital watchdog), MS Office, Excel, Word, and Google Drive Gmail.
• Responsible for responding via Venga to all negative reviews and 3 positive reviews a week.
• Lead and be aware of all in house/outside marketing efforts and offers. Ensure staff are fully knowledgeable of Marketing initiatives.
• Take a leadership role with planning and executing large group service and special events.
• Support, coach and institute corrective action measure as needed to ensure all employees are representing the needs and best practices of the restaurant.
• Oversee all aspects of building security Perimeter, Inner Building
• Maintaining a Security Log of activities
General Managers are subjected to various temperatures for long hours. Candidates must be able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time. Must be physically able to lift, reach, bend, stoop, and work in a standing position for long periods of time (sometimes up to 9 hours or more).
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below