QR Code Link to This Post
Our Exciting Work Environment
At Lincoln Ristorante, we offer Chef Shea Gallante’s interpretation of Italian cuisine in New York at Lincoln Center. Our philosophy is simple: to source the best local ingredients and prepare them with authentic Italian methods and spirit. We rely on local farmers and purveyors along with weekly visits to our neighborhood Tucker Square Greenmarket, while importing irreplaceable items from Italy. We honor the Italian culinary tradition of making our own fresh pastas, grissini, and focaccia. Desserts, by Richard Capizzi, are beautiful renditions of Italy’s classics: light, lush and irresistible. A focus and commitment to freshness and respect for every ingredient is paramount in our daily life.
While our location beside Lincoln Center’s reflecting pool and Henry Moore sculpture is exquisite, with panoramic views and a grass lawn roof, the heart of our restaurant is the central open kitchen. The stunning glass pavilion building that houses the restaurant was designed by Diller, Scofidio + Renfro. Our Negroni Bar and Prosecco Bar have rotating selections. Wine Director Aaron von Rock and his team offer 350 wines on the list, constantly evolving and focused on small producers.
Our role in the Lincoln Center community is to provide a gracious fine dining experience that reflects the best of both Italy and New York. Our mission would be impossible without our talented restaurant team of dedicated culinary and hospitality professionals who embody this world-class dining experience. Patina Restaurant Group is seeking similarly passionate individuals to share in this vocation with us. We are dedicated to facilitating growth and development of our employees’ careers in all fields.
Patina Restaurant Group is seeking for a back of house professional to position as Steward Manager. This individual will receive, maintain, store, and conduct quality control for all front and back of the house restaurant supplies. He/she will accept all deliveries, check invoices, document deliveries, inspect goods and report quality and quantity, place the goods in their designated areas, and monitor inventory of storage areas and inside the kitchen. Steward Managers must ensure that all deliveries are timely and received according to company and restaurant safety and quality standards. The ideal candidate possesses strong food knowledge and organizational skills. This representative will be the direct supervisor of subordinate stewarding staff responsible for hiring, training, and motivating their stewarding team. Other BOH duties may include ordering and coordinating food supplies and beverage and performing quality-control checks on deliveries, ensuring all necessary equipment is running, supervising kitchen and cleaning staff, and ensuring that health code regulations and liquor laws are obeyed.
With these responsibilities come unlimited opportunities to grow as a supervisory professional with Patina Restaurant Group’s friendly and enjoyable work environment and healthy work life balance
- Supervise and lead the duties of all stewarding department employees, maintain facilities, conduct necessary kitchen operations, and monitor costs.
- Receive and process all unit orders and deliveries according to company protocol.
- Ensure Back of House areas and operations are maintained to the highest sanitary and quality standards, assuring cleaning schedules are followed and completed.
- Work closely with the Chef, Banquet and Catering Managers, and various departments to anticipate guest needs and ensure items that are required for service are available when needed.
- Facilitate banquet plate-ups and buffet arrangements by transporting and ensuring adequate stock; mobilize necessary transportation and set-up staff.
- Co-ordinate with the restaurant managers to check their supply, orders, and or operations required for the day and the next day.
- Enforce proper cleaning routines for service ware, equipment, floors, dish room machinery, etc; ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Monitor supplies and submit monthly reports on shortages in china silverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines; ensure necessary items are ordered in a timely manner.
- Ensure all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a managerial stewarding position or related back of house position with supervisory responsibilities in a full service high-volume restaurant, hotel, or other food and beverage unit with similar capacity and clientele.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s.
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification required.
- Able to effectively mobilize back of house staff as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary–to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia – our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. And at Delaware North – whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants – there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you! We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group’s exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality – the sky is the limit.
Interested & Qualified individuals click here to apply.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below