QR Code Link to This Post
First Watch Daytime Cafe – Now hiring Cooks and Dishwashers for our Baytown location.
First Watch Daytime Cafe is a breakfast restaurant that thrives on “fresh, new concepts.” We cater to people who are looking for a Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch restaurant that serve more than just your steaks and food fit for later in the day. Our Baytown location is looking for highly motivated individuals who are wanting career development while delivering top-notch service to our customers!
NO NIGHT SHIFTS. EVER.
OPEN DAILY FROM 7:00 AM — 2:30 PM
Yeah, it’s true. We love our employees more than bacon.
Together, we enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment in each of our restaurants.
-Health, made from scratch menu
-You First” culture
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available
The role of a Cook is to prepare food for the restaurants, employee meals, catering and special orders/functions. The Cook is expected to prepare food of the highest quality for our guests. This position assists the General Manager in executing the menu and maintaining a safe work environment in the kitchen.
• To properly and efficiently prepare and present all food items to be served, including accommodating special guest requests.
• To rotate food in walk in’s and freezers to minimize waste and spoilage.
Maintain internal cleanliness of all food prep areas.
• Assist, as directed, ordering necessary food supplies.
• Follow all specifications and to properly set up hot and cold line stations.
• Able to read, understand and produce in a timely manner.
• Follow all policies and procedures of First Watch.
• Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
• Maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
• Practice safe work habits at all times and to avoid injury to self and others.
• Comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including the proper handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
• Attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
• Perform other tasks, including cross-training as directed.
• Must have basic knowledge of production and operations in all relevant kitchen areas.
• Must be familiar with proper use and cleaning of relevant kitchen equipment and machinery.
• Basic knowledge of soups, stocks and sauces required.
• Must have proficient knowledge of sautéing, culling, broiling, poaching, boiling, steaming, and braising.
• Must have proficient knife handling skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Able to understand English and to follow simple verbal direction.
• Previous prep or line cook experience.
• Detail orientated.
• Organized and efficient.
• Learns quickly and has ability to take direction.
• High quality standards for production and service.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Ability to work productively with little supervision in a team environment.
• Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
• Valid Food Handler Certificate required.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
• Flexible schedule helpful.
• Must comply with any dress code requirements.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below