Posted 1 hour ago
Travel – None
Experience – At least 2 year(s)
$55,000.00 – $60,000.00 /Year
Restaurant – Food Service
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Marlow’s Tavern is currently seeking candidates with a passion for chef-inspired food, working with fresh ingredients in a scratch kitchen and who love working with an awesome group of people every single day!
Position Purpose for Chef de Cuisine:
The Chef de Cuisine is critical in executing a process that begins with menu development and ends with a smiling guest having received what they ordered, the way they ordered it.
Marlow’s unique seasonal menu creates the opportunity for more frequent preparation of each item so that each team member is able to build their skills and knowledge ensuring consistent, high quality food items for every guest. Our chef inspired lunch and dinner specials play a vital role in providing greater variety (reducing “menu fatigue”) and enhancing profitability.
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Proper planning, execution and implementation of the tavern daily menu as well as creating daily features to enhance our guest experience as well as celebration menu offerings.
- Setting the tone and the pace for the rest of the Culinary team.
- Culinary team development
- Menu planning and development
- Quality, sanitation and food safety, urgency, productivity and teamwork are the hallmarks of a Marlow’s Culinary team.
- Sharing responsibility for the overall results of the Tavern.
- Personal, functional and leadership responsibilities
- P & L planning, management and execution
Reasons to join our team include:
• Flexible Hours
• Paid Vacation
• Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance Offered
• Room for Advancement
• Competitive Salary
Chef de Cuisine must possess general management skills, including, but not limited to, people skills, understanding of the financial statements, the ability to manage expenses, and shift management
Other Requirements of the Chef de Cuisine include:
- Authorized to work in the US
- Have reliable transportation
- Have at least 2 years of experience managing in a scratch kitchen
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language (English) used in the tavern.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, Micros POS system, and Ctuit financial suite in order to analyze data and figures in order to provide budgetary analysis.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the Chef de Cuisine acting as a leader.
- Ability to supervise tavern team, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service, and taking disciplinary action when needed.
- Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
Marlow’s Tavern is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below