BEATRIX is hiring PREP COOKS for our KITCHEN team!
1-2 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Coffeehouse and Restaurant
A neighborhood restaurant, coffeehouse and meeting place where healthy meets delicious
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You’ll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Responsible for the preparation and production of readying foods, garnishes and condiments to be used on the line or for service.
- Prepare food items and ingredients needed for menu items according to prescribed recipes and/or special requests
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment, including knives
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow all prescribed portioning controls and par levels
- Maintain food safety and quality standards
- Ability to read a thermometer correctly and efficiently
- Communicate any food delays or issues to Coordinator
- Accurately account for all items coming out of the kitchen
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
Hardworking And Dedicated
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you’re the perfect candidate?
Are you ready to use your talent and creativity in a company culture that rewards innovation and growth? Consider joining Lettuce Entertain You® Restaurants (LEYE).
When we opened the original Lettuce restaurant in 1971, we hired people with creativity, passion, and the drive to be the best. We still do. As a culinary-driven company dedicated to training and developing our people, we’re always looking for the next generation of talented leaders. Join the creative team of Lettuce partners and employees, and you’ll be joining a company that values your talent, your entrepreneurial attitude, and your own unique vision.
LEYE currently has over 100 restaurants in Illinois, Minnesota, Nevada, Arizona, California, and the DC metro/suburban area, including R.J. Grunts, Hub 51, Wildfire, Wow Bao, RPM Italian, Shaw’s Crab House, Mon Ami Gabi, Big Bowl, il Porcellino, M Burger and more. EOE. E-Verify.
View the full profile
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below