Under the direction of the Hotel Restaurant Manager, the Hotel Restaurant Assistant Manager is responsible for consistently delivering quality and results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel. The Hotel Restaurant Assistant Manager will focus on improving business effectiveness and efficiencies, or improving the value of the hotel’s products and services to its customers and clients in all aspects of the dining experience. To be successful in the role of Hotel Restaurant Assistant Manager, this position requires implementation of restaurant service strategy and initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, and team member experiences, human resources, financial performance, and sales and revenue generation. Success is measured against ten standards: Productivity, Customer and Client Relations, Professionalism, Revenue Management, Financial Management, People Management, Leadership, Quality Management, Communication, and Safety and Security.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Oversees the ordering and receiving of supplies and materials needed in the bar and bistro.
· Conducts monthly supply inventory and works in conjunction with the Chef de Cuisine to ensure proper financial closure of every month.
· Responsible in the preparation, execution, and completion of all banquet related initiatives including scheduling of team members, event planning, and arrangement and delivery of banquet orders. Communicates with the Hotel Restaurant Manager, the Chef de Cuisine, and Sales & Events Manager on all banquet initiatives to ensure transparency, efficiency and outstanding customer experience.
· Monitors social media accounts including review of comments to ensure adverse feedbacks are addressed and remedied timely and effectively, if applicable.
· Works collaboratively with the Restaurant Manager to strategically position the bar and bistro to be a premier dining place, including the planning and execution of marketing strategies.
· Directly responsible for employee scheduling, coaching, and supervising of team members.
· Provides guidance to all employees and Hotel Dining Supervisor when issues arise.
· Gives support to employees in the understanding and awareness of management policies and goals.
· Communicates to Restaurant Management of any possible crucial problems or concerns.
· Ensures the cleanliness, organization & preparedness of immediate workspace & adjacent areas.
· Ensures safety and security standards are in place and followed at all times without compromise.
· Assists in managing team members and in creating a positive learning environment by delivering clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching.
· Assists with new and existing employee training and onboarding initiatives.
· Has a relentless focus on the guest. Delivers the best service to all guests and follows up with team to ensure they are creating an inviting and memorable experience.
· Floor (All Customer-Occupied Floor Space) responsibilities include meeting and maintaining all safety and health requirements according to applicable safety and health codes and ensuring food is served in a healthy, safe and timely manner. Also responsible for maintaining professional customer service standards as stated in our mission, vision and values contained in the Handbook.
· Oversees training of all restaurant Front of House team members in accordance with all standards set by hotel and restaurant management.
· Assist in all duties as required for room service operations and amenities. Assists with the development of initiatives to build sales, profitability, and guest counts. Maintains effective cost controls in support of these initiatives.
· Responsible for weekly management reports, comp reports and assists in the annual budget and any other reports deemed necessary by the Manager. Responsible to meet or exceed budgeted sales and profitability goals
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Associate’s degree in Food Service or Business Management preferred.
· Minimum three (3) years food service supervisory in a high volume entertainment bar restaurant with high quality food, extensive beer and spirits offering, with a high energy atmosphere with live entertainment.
· Experience in event planning and banquet set up preferred.
· Must possess knowledge of current OSHA and Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) regulations.
· Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) is required.
· Proficiency in point-of-sale and inventory systems such as InfoGenesis and Eatec is required.
· Catering/Special Function Set-up experience preferred.
· Must obtain and maintain a current TIPS certification and ServSafe certification.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below