QR Code Link to This Post
The CafeWorks Kitchen Manager is an operationally based leadership role requiring an owner/operator mentality, with responsibility for all cafe operations in partnership with the food service team. The café manager must be an engaging leader, ready to build systems for a growing food, coffee and catering operation and able to motivate staff and interns to deliver quality products and services. This position emphasizes kitchen leadership in the existing and future cafes but also manages café financials, basic marketing strategy and team development.
The kitchen manager also delivers and develops on-the-job training for young adult training program participants, working closely with the CafeWorks Trainer.
CafeWorks is one of three social enterprise businesses operated by HopeWorks Social Enterprises, an affiliate of Housing Hope which strives to create lasting impact in our community by providing training and pathways to living wage jobs for low-income residents. CafeWorks will be expanding into a new HopeWorks building in Everett, WA; with expanded café operations in late 2019. Learn more at www.hopewrks.org and www.catalystkitchens.org.
For consideration, please submit your RESUME and COVER LETTER with “CafeWorks Kitchen Manager” in the subject line. A completed Housing Hope Application will be required during the hiring process. Note: To be considered for this position, resume and cover letter must be submitted.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Develop and oversee all café systems and processes as well as core personnel; In 2019, emphasis is on launch planning for the new café menu and facility scheduled to open in September/October 2019
2. Collaborate with Food Services Management on employment, staff supervision and development, termination and corrective action decisions as appropriate
3. The Kitchen Manager must be competent in, and able to fill in for, any position in the café with a primary emphasis on back and front of house kitchens.
4. Coordinate daily café production with catering business services team (box lunch and platters currently, eventually on-site event catering)
5. Maximize sales and continuously improve quality of café services
6. Control labor and food costs
7. Manage ordering, receiving, pars, inventory and waste
8. Ensure compliance with all financial procedures including open/close with FOH staff
9. Ensure equipment maintenance on a routine schedule and coordinate service as needed
10. Collaborate with the CafeWorks Lead Trainer to develop and deliver training curriculum and improve intern training outcomes
11. Supervise, schedule and train employees and youth interns through modeling and solution-oriented communication
12. Contribute to and implement innovative marketing suggestions to attract customers and increase sales
13. Achieve monthly budget targets and contribute to development of annual operating budget
14. Attend staff trainings as scheduled by supervisor
Non-Essential Job Duties:
1. Perform related duties as required
2. Drive for pickup and delivery as needed
3. Staff special events as assigned
• High School degree or equivalent
• Minimum 3 continuous years kitchen management or sous chef experience in a café, bakery, restaurant or quick casual restaurant
• Minimum 3 year experience in hands-on food prep and production; barista experience preferred
• Experience coaching and training employees with integrity, compassion and wisdom
• Experience developing, reviewing and executing operations manuals or standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Technical literacy including knowledge of Excel, Word, email (Outlook) and the ability to learn new ordering, inventory and cost tracking systems
• Valid WA State food handlers permit and ServSafe Certification
• Valid driver’s license
• Formal culinary training preferred
• Other food & beverage certifications/trainings
• Experience launching/opening a new food service location or division
• Experience as a trainer or training program developer
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly and extensively required to use hands to hold or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, may be required to perform repetitious movements for long periods of time in order to complete a task, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to climb, walk, sit, and talk or hear.
• The employee is regularly required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push and pull up to 25 lbs. frequently. Items that are over 25 lbs. must be lifted, carried, pushed, pulled, or moved with proper equipment for assistance (dolly) and proper safety procedures must also be followed.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to work in a general office environment as well as outdoor environment. Possible exposure to weather–heat, wet, cold, wind, and noise.
We at Housing Hope are committed to excelling in creating a holistic, diverse, inclusive, uplifting and appreciative environment. We endeavor to be inter-culturally competent in all our practices and procedures. We embrace and practice a high standard of diversity and inclusion and strive for equity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, veteran status, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex, age, status in regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below