QR Code Link to This Post
4505 Burgers & BBQ is a family-run restaurant changing the way people eat meat. We’re dedicated to providing the highest quality foods to San Francisco and beyond, and supporting a sustainable and healthy food system.
We are seeking a qualified leader to join our team as Sous Chef.
You will have the opportunity to work with high-quality meats and ingredients, advance your cooking and leadership skills, and contribute to positive change in our food system. We’re looking for a very organized, hard working individual with kitchen leadership experience and excellent communication skills. This is a high-pressure position that will require you to work many hours (some of them very early and some of them very late, all of them very fun) and offer you the potential to grow with our company.
Daily Tasks will include:
• Smoking meat, starting fires, grilling & slicing meat
• Managing a team of 4-5 line cooks during AM or PM service
• Working every station on the line including expeditor
• Managing prep list
• Opening & closing duties
• Creative problem solving
• Hard-working and self-motivated; comfortable juggling multiple deadlines and priorities simultaneously
• 5 years of kitchen experience, with a track record of progressive responsibility
• Interested in being part of a tight-knit team, able to step up and work outside of your comfort zone on a regular basis
• Knowledgeable about and follows kitchen safety and sanitation best practices
• Microsoft Office proficient
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• General knowledge of BBQ and smoked meats a plus
• Verbal and written Spanish skills a plus • Willingness to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, and weekends • Must be able to safely lift 50+ pounds
• Health, vision and dental care
• Free meal each shift worked.
• Employee Discount: 50% off when not working, 20% off for friends and family.
• Ongoing education in food and beverage.
More About 4505:
4505 Meats was founded by chef Ryan Farr in January 2009. It all began in Farr’s SF apartment with one product, the lighter-than-air Original Style Chicharrones, or “crispity clouds of porkaliciousness.” The launch of the 4505 Chicharron was then followed by the 4505 Bacon-Studded Hot Dog, and a full line of house made sausages. The business has only grown from there. 4505 has operated stands at Farmers’ Markets all over San Francisco. From 2012- 2015 we ran a full-service whole animal butcher shop in the Mission District, where we sold responsibly and sustainably raised meat sourced from farms in Northern California. We launched our restaurant in 2014, 4505 Burgers & BBQ, which serves burgers, 4505 Meats-style barbecue and more. We are committed to bringing customers quality & delicious products at their Farmers Market stand, Restaurant, and specialty stores & bars nationwide.
4505 Meats is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below