The well-known and newly renovated Spencer’s for Steaks & Chops located at DoubleTree San Jose is seeking candidates with strong restaurant experience and a knack for creating innovative culinary programs. In this role, you will help lead an experienced team of culinary professionals in an effort to exceed our guests’ expectations and deliver financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As Chef de Cuisine, you would be responsible for leading the culinary production of a designated kitchen in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead daily culinary production, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, cost controls and overall profitability
- Perform general management duties including, but not limited to, systems management, budget and forecasting, report generation, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Visually inspect, select and use quality food and beverage products including, but not limited to, fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and spices
- Create and implement new menus and individual food items
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Chef at a full-service restaurant
- Restaurant experience required
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with, lead and motivate a team
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement new menus and programs
- Work history that conveys strong work ethic and dependability
- Availability to work between the hours of 11am-9pm, and flexibility to work additional hours as needed
- Management experience in a unionized environment is preferred
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
chef de cuisine, chef, restaurant manager, sous chef, steakhouse chef, san jose chef, foodie chef, hotel chef, fine dining
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below