25 July, 2019
QR Code Link to This Post
Job: Pastry Chef, full-time
Important: To be considered for the position, please email your resume and a brief description about yourself and your interest in the job.
We are looking for a full time pastry chef to handle all the production of our prepared foods: tarts, hand pies, scones, and more! This is a job for someone who is confident and creative- you will be working independently, and will be responsible for overseeing the quality of your final product. Position is Wednesday-Sunday, with a start time between 4am-6am (depending on the day). We strongly prefer someone with a culinary background and/or professional kitchen experience, but we would consider training someone who is able to demonstrate an aptitude for baking and cooking. Organization skills and cleanliness are a must.
Job responsibilities include:
- Developing a weekly menu, following the aesthetic and flavor profile of Brickmaiden Breads
- Collaborating with our founding baker to develop new recipes for use
- Managing production numbers
- Training new bakers, and overseeing the performance of the pastry department
Expected of all employees:
- Be a strong communicator, both spoken and in writing, including texts and emails
- Be physically capable of the job requirements, including heavy lifting and standing for long periods of time
- Have weekend and early morning availability
- Have the ability to work quickly and efficiently, while maintaining an organized work space
- Be collaborative and driven
- Adherence to safe food handling practices
- Full participation in being a sustainable and low impact business
- Ability to lift 50lbs, and be on their feet for 8-10 hours
Pay is DOE ($18-$23, once trained) + tips. We offer paid sick leave, retirement benefits, and paid vacation.
Brickmaiden Breads is a small- but growing!- artisan bakery located in Point Reyes Station. For the past 19 years, we have been toiling away in our small bakehouse, providing local markets and restaurants with rustic, wood-fired sourdough loaves and select baked goods. Our offerings are simple, organic, and seasonal. Our intention is to provide the highest quality bread and baked goods to our community and its visitors, to commit to sustainable business practices, and produce as little waste as possible. Our bakers work diligently to uphold the integrity and consistency of each and every baked good!Of note:
We are located in a very rural setting. Most of our employees commute 30 minutes from Fairfax, Novato, or Petaluma to work. The drive is easy and without traffic, but reliable transportation is essential. Public transportation is extremely limited, and does not coordinate with our hours.
We are in process of opening our first storefront! It will be in the old farmhouse adjacent to our bakehouse. Our offerings will include bread, pastry, coffee, and a limited menu of breakfast and lunch items that reflect the quality and commitment to sustainability that has been our driving force from the beginning. We will be in transition for the months to come- for now, that means construction happening all over the property with frequent rearranging of our space to accommodate the crews. Once completed, we will be setting up systems and protocols for our new kitchen and retail space, and expanding our staff. We are projected to open summer 2019. Our bread program is well established, we have many longtime employees, and the intention with what we bake is unwavering- these help counter the chaos created by all the change happening. These circumstances can be exciting for some, and frustrating for others. Reach out if you are the former!
Also hiring: Pastry Chef, Pastry Assistant, Kitchen Manager, Cafe Cook, Barista, Farmers Market Sales Representative
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below